Teresa Cobo is the coordinator of the BCNatal-FMRC Prematurity Inflammation line.
Having graduated (2000) and obtained a PhD (2009) in Medicine and Surgery from the University of Barcelona, she also holds a specialty (2005) in Gynecology/Obstetrics and a diploma (2016) in Statistics in Health Sciences from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. In 2012 and during the period 2015–2016 she was the senior specialist at Sahlgrenska Hospital in Gothenburg, Sweden, completing a subspecialty in the infectious and inflammatory origin of spontaneous preterm birth.
She has more than 50 publications in international journals in the field of maternal and fetal medicine and is a member of the Preterm Birth Collaborative Group (PREBIC) as well as the Center for Networked Biomedical Research in Rare Diseases (CIBERER), and is a researcher accredited by IDIBAPS. She is an expert in the prediction and management of preterm birth and, in particular, in the prediction of intra-amniotic infection and inflammation.
At the clinical level, she is a senior specialist physician in the Maternal and Fetal Medicine Service of Hospital Clínic as well as being responsible for the Prematurity Unit of Hospital Clínic and the High Obstetric Risk ward.
- Vaginal metabolome: towards a minimally invasive diagnosis of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labor.
Vicente-Muñoz S, Cobo T, Puchades-Carrasco L, Sánchez-García AB, Agustí N, Palacio M, Pineda-Lucena A, Gratacós E. Sci Rep 2020
- Development and validation of a multivariable prediction model of spontaneous preterm delivery and microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labor.
Cobo T, Aldecoa V, Figueras F, Herranz A, Ferrero S, Izquierdo M, Murillo C, Amoedo R, Rueda C, Bosch J, Martínez-Portilla RJ, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020
- Characterization of vaginal microbiota in women with preterm labor with intra-amniotic inflammation.
Cobo T, Vergara A, Collado MC, Casals-Pascula C, Herreros E, Bosch J, Sánchez-García AB, López-Parellada R, Ponce J, Gratacós E. Sci Rep 2019
- Follow-Up of Asymptomatic High-Risk Patients with Normal Cervical Length to Predict Recurrence of Preterm Birth.
Caradeux J, Murillo C, Julià C, Escura S, Ferrero S, Cobo T, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Fetal Diagn Ther 2017
- Influence of perinatal inflammation on the neurodevelopmental outcome of premature infants.
Rodríguez-Trujillo A, Ríos J, Ángeles MA, Posadas DE, Murillo C, Rueda C, Botet F, Bosch J, Vergara A, Gratacós E, Palacio M, Cobo T. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2017