Elisenda Eixarch is coordinator of the lines of Neurodevelopment and Fetal Therapy and Surgery of BCNatal-FMRC. She graduated (2001) in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona, specialized in Gynecology/Obstetrics (2006) and obtained her PhD in Medicine (2011) from the University of Barcelona; she also holds a postgraduate degree (2010) in Research Methodology from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
During 2008–2011 she gained a subspecialty in Fetal Neurology that included two rotations in centres abroad (Perinatal Imaging, Robert Steiner MR Unit, Imperial College London and Fetal Medicine Research Unit, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven). She is a researcher accredited by IDIBAPS, associate professor at the University of Barcelona and a member attached to the Center for Networked Biomedical Research in Rare Diseases (CIBERER). The author of more than 100 scientific articles in top international journals, she has extensive experience in animal model research and neuroimaging, and is a reference in her field.
At the clinical level, she is a senior specialist physician responsible for the Fetal Neurosonography Unit and is part of the Fetal Surgery Team and has completed more than 50 surgeries as the first surgeon.
- Deep Q-CapsNet Reinforcement Learning Framework for Intrauterine Cavity Segmentation in TTTS Fetal Surgery Planning.
Torrents-Barrena J, Piella G, Gratacós E, Eixarch E, Ceresa M, González Ballester MA. IEEE Trans. Med. Imaging 2020
- Micro-needle implantable electrochemical oxygen sensor: ex-vivo and in-vivo studies.
Rivas L, Dulay S, Miserere S, Pla L, Marin SB, Parra J, Eixarch E, Gratacós E, Illa M, Mir M, Samitier J. Biosens Bioelectron 2020
- Assessment of Radiomics and Deep Learning for the Segmentation of Fetal and Maternal Anatomy in Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ultrasound.
Torrents-Barrena J, Monill N, Piella G, Gratacós E, Eixarch E, Ceresa M, González Ballester MA. Acad Radiol 2019
- Multicenter prospective clinical study to evaluate children short-term neurodevelopmental outcome in congenital heart disease (children NEURO-HEART): study protocol.
Ribera I, Ruiz A, Sánchez O, Eixarch E, Antolín E, Gómez-Montes E, Pérez-Cruz M, Cruz-Lemini M, Sanz-Cortés M, Arévalo S, Ferrer Q, Vázquez E, Vega L, Dolader P, Montoliu A, Boix H, Simões RV, Masoller N, Sánchez-de-Toledo J, Comas M, Bartha JM, Galindo A, Martínez JM, Gómez-Roig L, Crispi F, Gómez O, Carreras E, Cabero L, Gratacós E, Llurba E. BMC Pediatr 2019
- Global and Regional Changes in Cortical Development Assessed by MRI in Fetuses with Isolated Nonsevere Ventriculomegaly Correlate with Neonatal Neurobehavior.
Hahner N, Benkarim OM, Aertsen M, Perez-Cruz M, Piella G, Sanroma G, Bargallo N, Deprest J, Gonzalez Ballester MA, Gratacos E, Eixarch E. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2019
- Blood parameters in fetuses infected with cytomegalovirus according to the severity of brain damage and trimester of pregnancy at cordocentesis.
Hawkins-Villarreal A, Moreno-Espinosa AL, Eixarch E, Marcos MA, Martinez-Portilla RJ, Salazar L, Garcia-Otero L, Lopez M, Borrell A, Figueras F, Goncé A. J Clin Virol 2019
- TTTS-GPS: Patient-specific preoperative planning and simulation platform for twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome fetal surgery.
Torrents-Barrena J, López-Velazco R, Piella G, Masoller N, Valenzuela-Alcaraz B, Gratacós E, Eixarch E, Ceresa M, González Ballester MA. Comput Methods Programs Biomed 2019
- Vision Based Robot Assistance in TTTS Fetal Surgery.
Sayols N, Hernansanz A, Parra J, Eixarch E, Gratacos E, Amat J, Casals A. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2019
- Distinctive patterns of placental lesions in preeclampsia versus fetal growth restriction and their association with fetoplacental Doppler.
Paules C, Youssef L, Rovira C, Crovetto F, Nadal A, Peguero A, Figueras F, Eixarch E, Crispi F, Miranda J, Gratacós E. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2019
- Fetal cortical surface atlas parcellation based on growth patterns.
Xia J, Wang F, Benkarim OM, Sanroma G, Piella G, González Ballester MA, Hahner N, Eixarch E, Zhang C, Shen D, Li G. Hum Brain Mapp 2019
- Prenatal adverse environment is associated with epigenetic age deceleration at birth and hypomethylation at the hypoxia-responsive EP300 gene.
Palma-Gudiel H, Eixarch E, Crispi F, Morán S, Zannas AS, Fañanás L. Clin Epigenetics 2019
- Fully automatic 3D reconstruction of the placenta and its peripheral vasculature in intrauterine fetal MRI.
Torrents-Barrena J, Piella G, Masoller N, Gratacós E, Eixarch E, Ceresa M, González Ballester MA. Med Image Anal 2019
- Segmentation and classification in MRI and US fetal imaging: Recent trends and future prospects.
Torrents-Barrena J, Piella G, Masoller N, Gratacós E, Eixarch E, Ceresa M, González Ballester MA. Med Image Anal 2018
- Premature placental aging in term small-for-gestational-age and fetal-growth-restricted fetuses.
Paules C, Dantas AP, Miranda J, Crovetto F, Eixarch E, Rodriguez-Sureda V, Dominguez C, Casu G, Rovira C, Nadal A, Crispi F, Gratacos E. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2018
- Longitudinal Assessment of Abdominal Circumference versus Estimated Fetal Weight in the Detection of Late Fetal Growth Restriction.
Basuki TR, Caradeux J, Eixarch E, Gratacós E, Figueras F. Fetal Diagn Ther 2018