Montse Palacio is the coordinator of the BCNatal-FMRC Prematurity line.
Graduated (1988) and PhD (1995) in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, respectively, she also has a specialty in Gynecology / Obstetrics, one year of subspecialization in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the University College of London and a postgraduate degree (2015) in Public Health from the Pompeu Fabra University.
Author of more than 70 articles on maternal-fetal medicine and associate professor at the University of Barcelona, she has extensive experience in clinical research, especially in the field of prematurity. She is a member attached to the Center for Network Biomedical Research in Rare Diseases (CIBERER) and a researcher accredited by IDIBAPS.
At the clinical level, he is a senior consultant doctor of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Service of the Hospital Clínic, of which he has been a permanent member of the staff of specialists of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Service since 2001, and currently holds the position of Head of the High Obstetrics Section Risk.
- Vaginal metabolome: towards a minimally invasive diagnosis of microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labor.
Vicente-Muñoz S, Cobo T, Puchades-Carrasco L, Sánchez-García AB, Agustí N, Palacio M, Pineda-Lucena A, Gratacós E. Sci Rep 2020
- Intra- and interobserver reproducibility of second trimester ultrasound cervical length measurement in a general population.
Baños N, Burgos-Artizzu XP, Valenzuela-Alcaraz B, Coronado-Gutiérrez D, Perez-Moreno Á, Ponce J, Gratacós E, Palacio M. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2020
- Development and validation of a multivariable prediction model of spontaneous preterm delivery and microbial invasion of the amniotic cavity in women with preterm labor.
Cobo T, Aldecoa V, Figueras F, Herranz A, Ferrero S, Izquierdo M, Murillo C, Amoedo R, Rueda C, Bosch J, Martínez-Portilla RJ, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2020
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing 17-alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate versus placebo for the prevention of recurrent preterm birth.
Fernandez-Macias R, Martinez-Portilla RJ, Cerrillos L, Figueras F, Palacio M. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2019
- Evaluation of an improved tool for non-invasive prediction of neonatal respiratory morbidity based on fully automated fetal lung ultrasound analysis.
Burgos-Artizzu XP, Perez-Moreno Á, Coronado-Gutierrez D, Gratacos E, Palacio M. Sci Rep 2019
- Cervical consistency index and risk of cesarean delivery after induction of labor at term.
Migliorelli F, Rueda C, Angeles MA, Baños N, Posadas DE, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2018
- Clinical and Sonographic Model to Predict Cesarean Delivery after Induction of Labor at Term.
Migliorelli F, Baños N, Angeles MA, Rueda C, Salazar L, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Fetal Diagn Ther 2018
- Clinical Feasibility of Quantitative Ultrasound Texture Analysis: A Robustness Study Using Fetal Lung Ultrasound Images.
Perez-Moreno A, Dominguez M, Migliorelli F, Gratacos E, Palacio M, Bonet-Carne E. J Ultrasound Med 2018
- Should phenotype of previous preterm birth influence management of women with short cervix in subsequent pregnancy? Comparison of vaginal progesterone and Arabin pessary.
Care A, Muller-Myhsok B, Olearo E, Todros T, Caradeux J, Goya M, Palacio M, Carreras E, Alfirevic Z. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2018
- Follow-Up of Asymptomatic High-Risk Patients with Normal Cervical Length to Predict Recurrence of Preterm Birth.
Caradeux J, Murillo C, Julià C, Escura S, Ferrero S, Cobo T, Gratacós E, Palacio M. Fetal Diagn Ther 2017
- Influence of perinatal inflammation on the neurodevelopmental outcome of premature infants.
Rodríguez-Trujillo A, Ríos J, Ángeles MA, Posadas DE, Murillo C, Rueda C, Botet F, Bosch J, Vergara A, Gratacós E, Palacio M, Cobo T. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 2017